Monday, April 25, 2005

Feeling relaxed and sleepy

I'm not different from anybody else in the fact that Mondays seem the slowest days for me of the week. But I feel calm today. Yesterday was a day of unexpected leisure. I had all gathered up to face the work on Sunday. but due to 2 dear and jolly friends I gave in and thoroughly enjoyed their company and the day.
The fact that I got to sleep 12 and 13 hours on friday and saturday night didn't hurt either.
My mind is so calm today that nothing seem to really move it one way or the other, no thought seems to be worth stressing over, even thought some sad things are happening in my family and my own personal life. My mom's oldes brother is in the hospital after the operation in which he lost partially one of his lungs due to an infection and the doctor's negligence, that's what my mom is saying and most likely if he gets strong enough to walk he will be forced to stay in the wheel chair.
I'm sad for my mom, because I can't comfort her in the many deaths that have occured in our family past and this year. My grandfather passed away last December and I wasn't there. Her youngest brother passed away 2 months ago and I wan't there and now the oldest brother.

Not that I don't feel sad, but the distance and time I've spent away from "home" have insulated my emotions and feelings and all I can feel is a misfortune and sadness. I can however very well imagine the lonelyness and sorrow that my mother is feeling, being the only one to have to organize the funerals for her relatives. The role of the nurse has put on her also the role of the first person to get to know of the deaths in the family and I suspect this is not going to be the end of it for too long. As I can imagine it is never easy to admitt that about 50% of your family and relatives are plagued by alcoholism, but here it is. It doesn't look so bad for my generation in my extended family but for some reason the older generation had a fall at some point and was never capable of completely giving up the bottle, however sad that doesn't sound.
And since my mom is one from 7 I suspect there will be some more "falls"in the name of alcohol before it is all over.

Oh well, kind of a sad story came from a peaceful beginning, but at least I can write about it.
Half a day gone and half left to do something about the deadline for the wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home