Sunday, June 18, 2006

recovering my identity...

so it is Sunday. I'm at work but not working. I feel safe in here and with a temporary sense of purpose (when I get to it). I came here today to study....it is to be determined how much did I actually put in my head from all the reading. But coming here also served another purpose, to come half way to recover my lost identity....more specifically my driver's licence and my MasterCard. I would have never thought that is is such a pain not to have a driver's licence.
Friday night while celebrating a friends birthday at Cafe Citron by Dupont Circle..at a closing tab time I sign my receipt as usual and got back driver's licence and a card. As it turned out an hour after that not my driver's licence and not my card. I closed someone elses tab. The unattentful bartender switched my id and card with another girl's card. As soon as I realized the mistake I came back the same night to Cafe Citron to recover my ID. At first the guy tried to convince me that I was mistaken and hadn't given him my ID or card at all. After a look of disbelief in what I'm hearing he went to rummage through other ID's untill finally admitted that had swapped my ID and card with the other girl's ID and card. Can't believe it. Then barely giving me any contact info at all he just said I'll be fine. Luckily my friend suggested to get some contact info from the manager of the place. So yesterday the girl with my ID got drunk and couldn't make it to give me back what's mine. I went to the bank with a passport and later to amusement fair had to use my passport to get beer.
Today is Sunday...two days later, her friend finally made it to downtown and I have my ID back. Big sigh of relief.
The driver's licence might as well be all you are. They demand it everywhere in this country and look at you weired if you don't have one.
Ok....I'm out of here. I'll take my studies home:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home