Tuesday, November 22, 2005

dripping nose and thoughts

I'm in the middle of a war with cold. I never think it is going to hit me hard and that's when it hits the hardest, athought I'm sure I've had it worst. At least I don't have a fever, just a neverending flow of liquid from my nose.....I won't go into more details:)

The day is windy outside with small sparkles of sun here and there, very similar to my mood today - moody. A strang word in general. To think about it, the language is so complex with all it's newances and many meanings for a single word and many contexts for words in sentences. In how many ways the words can be combined to make someone happy, to complement someone and to annoy and hurt someone just by intonation, word choices and placement. I wonder if the old, old saying of " talk is silver but silence is gold" still rings true in current times, where everyone is trying to outspeak the other, and outdo the other and win this or that over the other and consider all such "victories" a road to happiness and fulfillment. I feel lost so often, finding a courage in myself and guarding it and not letting others shatter it in pieces. Trying to learn, relearn, remember the forgotten and refresh that ultimatelly what you think of yourself is what matters, how you feel about the things you do and the things you say and the paths you take. Because if you try to appease the world around you you'll get knocked down so fast that you will not find your way back up. The strenght should come from within not outside, the light we reach for should be found in our hearts not at the end of the tunnel, and one's worth should be measured by the kindness of one's heart not by the sharpness of one's tongue, and by the generousity of the hand not words of wisdom.

I felt content last night finding that I still have a long road ahead of me and what I was perceiving as a fast race should be enjoyed as a long ride. I have nowhere to run, but have a million things to observe and learn, a lot of things to take in and many truths to come to.
BG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home