Sunday, November 13, 2005

in a contemplative mood

.. I'm feeling full...just finished a big chicken salad an hour ago, probably had way too much more than I needed and just finished watching a movie. I was just thinking to myself that I must be in a 'love your movies' kind of mood, because the last 2 movies I've watched I absolutelly loved. I love 'Million Dollar Baby' watched it even twice in a row and thought it a great thought and emotion provocing movie, and just finished watching 'Crash' and again I feel all raw inside. I want to call someone and talk about it or share emotions...but it will probably dwindle away the longer I wait and so my great moment of connecting with someone through shared experiance will have passes.
Only words like PATIENCE comes to mind after seeing 'Crash'. We are all so volatile in our daily lives and we definitelly need more breething room and sit and sip your coffee room and stop and smell the roses kind of room in everyday life. I do not want to live in a world that doesn't have people who can control their rawest emotions and not bulch them on to others for the sake of venting. So much harm could be prevented by a bit more patience and relaxation...it is too scary to even think about it.
My favorite character in the movie....almost everyone and expecially the black detective dude and Sandra Bullock's role. So crazy to realize that we all have this bottled up anger inside of us and she kept being mad and bitchy at people for no apparent reason untill she get's the revelation and understanding that the problem is in her not the circumstances around her. A great group of actors in Crash too all very well fit for their roles and actions. I felt sorry for Jennifer Espositto's role how she saw the misfortune of her friend detective when his own mother pushes him away after finding out her youngest son has been killed. It is such a helpless place to be in, to see another person crumble and fall into emotional abysse and not be able to reach inside the person and hug them and caress them and let them know that you are there for them and you're trying very hard to understand the depths of sorrow they're going through if they only let you in to share in it.

I love people and their many ways and actions. I do have prejudice living inside of me I admit - I've seen it surface but I hope I can erase it day by day and get to a neutral state one day and see beyond race and color for my own sake. Ok. gotta check into my netflix to see what other mind bending movies I can have come my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home