Sunday, February 19, 2006

researching the trees

I looked at palm trees because that is what I had proposed for the design motif for the hospital on my project at work, but I guess it is looking so abstract that people have hard time recognizing it as being a palm tree...not my fault though:)
...so now we've switched to the Magnolia tree. I'm researching what exactly the Magnolia tree looks like and how we can break it down into some geometric form to apply the design for about 200,000 sq. ft of corridor space in a hospital setting. Meanwhile while researcing both the tree's I stumbled upon the Tree of Life:) there is definitelly a lot of images on the subject online and it made me think of the concept behind the tree of life. ( I even saw a cute tatoo of the tree of life...which lead my thoughts to another direction that if I ever get a tatoo it could be one of the trees:):):):) but never mind.

The tree of life. Maybe I'm so much into the tree's because I don't have a very stable family "tree" myself and maybe there is some underlying desire for a solid and stable ground in my life. But the concept is certainly fascinating. From the "human tree" and all of our inner body parts that can be arranged into a tree form to a "family tree" to a "tree of life". The tree's seem to be spreading and weaving their branches throughout our lives like big green guardians.

...on another note I thought today of the concept of the "beauty is in the eye of a beholder" and it certainly is. I thought of a person and it ached inside to realize I don't have any attachment to that person yet I perceive them to be beautiful. I think beauty is a trecherous force to possess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home